This position is a hybrid role (2-3 days a week remote) with an office location in Boston, MA. The position has geographic responsibilities and travel to Scarborough, ME and Hartford, CT. Responsible for managing direct third-party spending on materials, equipment and construction trade subcontractors on Siemens’ customer projects throughout the above areas. Directly engages in large projects in the bidding phase to improve Siemens' competitive position by developing a sourcing approach with the sales or project development team, running subcontractor solicitations (RFQs and RFPs), conducting bid leveling and negotiating pricing and contract terms. Develops and manages a diverse group of suppliers and subcontractors to support Siemens’, building automation, security, fire alarm, electrical services and mechanical services businesses. Drive adherence to standard sourcing processes and tools with sales and operations teams. This role provides opportunities to lead or participate in data analytics, process improvement, category strategies as part of Siemens’ project procurement network throughout the US and the Americas. This role functions as business partner for the branch manager in this region. The position will report to the National Procurement Manager responsible for procurement throughout the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic US. The position will have opportunities to grow including the chance to develop regional and national procurement programs and policies.
The Field Procurement Manager role is measured on the following activities:
Cost Reductions – the role has a target for percentage of cost savings achieved through price negotiations, value engineering efforts, and other means.
Contract Terms – the role requires negotiation of contract terms including pay terms with it’s suppliers and subcontractors.
Procurement Processes – there are requirements for implementing new tools to enable more efficient and effective procurement.
Supplier Management – the role has responsibility for managing relationships with major suppliers including soliciting feedback from internal customers and sharing that with suppliers.
Internal Customer Satisfaction – key managers are surveyed to determine the service level provided.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA degree or apprenticeship in a construction trade
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction with 3 years’ experience with purchasing construction trade contractors. Purchasing experience to include solicitation and price and contract terms negotiation for contracts greater than $500k
- Ability and willingness to travel to Siemens locations, customer sites and suppliers (10%)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in engineering, engineering technology, business, or construction management
- Experience with qualifying and developing minority, women, and veteran owned businesses
- Sourcing experience with design-build contractors and negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience working with sales and engineering functions on cost reduction efforts
- Procurement management experience in a large, global corporation
- Experience using Excel to analyze spending data for opportunities
- Experience to developing and delivering PowerPoint presentations to management teams
- Experience creating basic visualizations with Qlik, Tableau other data visualization platforms
- Construction management and contract negotiation experience
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.