The Warranty Lab is responsible for maintaining and communicating quality issues from warranty returns, DC stock and system plants. The individual selected will serve as a conduit for these communications.
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for preparing quality-related analyses, concepts, methods, and tools, for respective management to decide along with the following responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of industrial circuit breakers and their assembly process
- Experience with metal joining technologies, particularly -brazing
- Ability to diagnose and root cause potential quality issues with industrial circuit breakers
- Ability to work within a global manufacturing environment and communicate with both German and Mexican facilities
- Accumulates statistical data and performing special research, verification and data gathering projects on request
- Meets with Quality Assurance personnel to establish production requirements for material presented to customers and others
- Receives, processes, records, coordinates, and distributes data throughout the organization
- Operates and performs complex adjustments to lab equipment and instruments.
- Performs complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using complex equipment.
- Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results.
- Performs periodic complex inspections of equipment and performs complex preventative maintenance work.
- Performs troubleshooting complex test processes.
- Performs complex calculations as well as prepares reports, graphs, and charts.
- Positions support business processes, solution of technical issues, development of new methodologies, procedures, tools and products with their theoretical and/or practical know how and understanding
- Focus on interpretation and application of procedures, analyze issues, implement changes, and may advise and guide operational positions in their area of specialism.
- Performs complex and technically demanding work within technical or paraprofessional area
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is more difficult and complex. Refers only the most complex, unusual problems to others.
- Advises business accountable management in specific Quality-related issues.
- Ensures and Implements quality related standards, guidelines, and programs in a specific quality area, or in organizational unit(s) assigned.
- Analyzes working environment and proposes improvements to management.
- Drives and coaches’ unit-related general Quality projects in a specific Quality area.
- Maintains Employee Training records and facilitates training activities
- Ensures effective cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders; clarifies issues
- Operates and performs complex adjustments to lab equipment and instruments
- Performs complex quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as sampling, testing, and measuring using complex equipment
- Completes the compiling, analyzing, and interpreting of results
- Performs periodic complex inspections of equipment and performs complex preventative maintenance work
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related experience
- Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area (electronics background preferred)
- Understanding of principles, technologies, and theories
- Certifications in specific fields
- Proficient in all Microsoft office programs
- Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area electronics background preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% locally or internationally
- Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Intermediate or advanced SAP skills required.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.