For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function is responsible for performing all diagnostic x-ray examinations not requiring constant supervision of technical details with a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, radiographic techniques and positioning.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate HealthCare Partners’ (HCP) commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Practices within the scope of the CRT & ARRT license
- Produces radiographic/digital images with emphasis to technique (KvP & MAS), exposure index, collimation, shielding, identification markers, positioning and artifacts
- Monitor personal radiation badge
- Assists Radiologists during fluoroscopic examinations
- Operates all x-ray equipment to obtain maximum diagnostic images
- Monitors x-ray equipment to assure safety and proper working conditions
- Works with patients of all age groups and explains procedures, assuring understanding of such procedures
- Uses sterile techniques and provides a safe environment to patients and staff according to company and department policies
- Ensures that the patient’s need for privacy and confidentiality are met and that the patient is physically covered whenever possible
- Ensures that the delivery of services reflect efficient and effective use of supplies and appropriate utilization of resources
- Identifies and reports potentially unsafe systems, processes and/or situations
- Performs general office duties including coordination of daily radiology schedule and ordering supplies
- Attends and participates in educational programs and shares knowledge with peers
- Maintains CRT & ARRT continuing education units
- Assists in the development of new procedures and techniques as required
- Adheres to Universal Precautions at all times
- Adheres to safety policies and procedures at all times
- Uses, protects, and discloses HCP patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- Graduate of AMA-approved school of Radiological Technology
- CRT certification in Radiology and Fluoroscopy with the State of California Department of Public Health/Radiologic Health Branch
- Current ARRT certification
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA)
- 2+years of experience working in radiology
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The hourly range for California residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.