At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Plans, executes and deploys assigned project elements with an emphasis on manufacturing in process inspection optimisation, technology and procedures required for the manufacture of existing products.
Uses latest engineering techniques to reduce time to implement process changes whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, project deadlines and product costs.
- Provide engineering support for products and process improvements, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with the Stryker procedures.
- Coordinates with partners/end users to deliver value to business through opportunity identification, execution and solution delivery.
- Responsible for managing from 3 to 5+ projects.
- Ensure quality of process and product as defined in the appropriate operation and material specifications.
- Will analyse equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental test and result analysis. Lead and/or participate in project review meetings.
- Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation and review associated with process improvements.
- Complete capability studies for in process inspection and generate subsequent Inspection documentation.
- Support capital acquisition activity from specifying equipment, contract negotiation, Installation and validation.
- Conduct MSA studies for existing products and processes.
- Provide training for manufacturing team members.
- Ensure adherence to GMP and safety procedures.
- Generate, review and approval of validation documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline with 4 or more years’ experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The individual should enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and results orientated team environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills - able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Innovative thinker - should be able to envisage new and better ways of doing things.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to plan, organize and implement concurrent tasks.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have the ability to understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Experience in an FDA regulated or regulated industry beneficial.
- High level of PC Skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Hybrid Role, with travel requirements of up to 30%
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com