Siemens Digital Industries Process Automation is looking for an experienced Portfolio Director for the Pharmaceutical Industry to identify and develop MES opportunities into successful solutions. The Pharmaceutical Vertical is a growing and dynamic team that delivers solutions, products, and services for customers aspiring to produce state-of-the-art medicines and manufacturing equipment.
The successful candidate will be able to pair market knowledge with an advanced automation and digitalization centric portfolio of solutions, turning them into actionable steps in the prospect to customer conversion process. In addition, the role will be responsible for working in matrix organization, coordinating with other groups including engineering, sales, and marketing on a national basis representing the global pharmaceutical organization. The Portfolio Director will be measured on license sales, customer pipeline development and new customer conversions in the pharmaceutical market. The position reports to the Head of Pharmaceutical Vertical in the United States.
- Utilize market knowledge and research methodologies to identify customer needs and position the pharmaceutical MES Opcenter Execution Pharma.
- Present and demonstrate solutions for specific applications, educate market on Siemens offerings through industry associations and events and train sales personnel on features, benefits and value propositions.
- Develop technical concepts for end customers with focus on advising them on their digital transformation journey.
- Lead strategic initiatives that identify and develop new customers.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and engineering teams to maximize solution offerings.
- Identify market trends, customer needs and competitive advantages.
- Act as trusted partner for customers from lead generation, through opportunity development to implementation stage.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Biotechnology
- 10+ years’ engineering experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing execution market
- Experience in marketing, sales, and/or business development
- Experience working with Opcenter Execution Pharma, Werum PAS-X, Emerson Syncade, Apprentice IO, Lonza Moda or Master Control
- Understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions and service portfolio
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- History of being actively involved in industry associations such as ISPE.
- This position requires up to 30% travel
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with pharmaceutical manufacturing processes (e.g., upstream, downstream, fill and finish)
- Pharmaceutical Knowledge – e.g., validation, industry standards (S95, S88), IT/OT integration concepts, relevant digital applications
- Experience in DCS programming
- Interest in new technologies such as Augmented Reality and/or Industrial Edge
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.