Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Location:Broughton, Hangar 119, Chester Road, Bretton, Chester, CH4 0DH
Position Role Type:Unspecified
Flight Test Engineer
Broughton, Nr Chester
Raytheon UKs, Special Mission Aircraft team are looking for an experienced Flight Test Engineer to join their small but active Flight Test Operations department. The successful candidate will work alongside test pilots, multidiscipline engineers, maintenance and production teams to support production and development flight testing.
The Raytheon Flight Test Engineer (FTE) will be responsible for planning, coordinating and reporting flight test sorties for Flight Test Operations (FTO). They will be responsible for engineering liaison and ensuring that all flight test operations are conducted in a safe manner and within all applicable approvals.
The Flight Test Engineer will be part of the FTO, working within a small team to provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) advice on required flight test for all aircraft modification programmes. They will be required to interact with operational personnel, senior managers and departmental heads throughout the organisation. Other contacts will be established at a working level as appropriate.
The Flight Test Engineer will need to build and maintain excellent working relationships with programme management, commercial, design, safety and maintenance functions within the business. In addition, they will be required to foster positive relationships with regulatory authorities, agencies and outside organisations and demonstrate a proactive approach to flight test risk management.
- Participate and provide SME advice to test planning at both a programme and a sortie level.
- Generation of Test Schedules and Sortie Test Plans to support identified data requirements.
- Active participation in flight test risk management to include specific trials risk assessments and periodic risk reviews.
- Support a positive and engaged air safety culture within the business.
- Liaison with Part 145 organisation to ensure aircraft build status is understood an appropriate for the test.
- Active participation in Design meetings, planning and reviews.
- Perform Flight Test data calculations, analysis and reporting to support flight test aims and objectives.
- Maintain FTO flight and data records.
- Calculation and verification of aircraft weight and balance data.
- Calculation and analysis of aircraft performance.
- Flight monitoring and operational support during flight test sorties.
Requirement for the post.
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience and capability in a Flight Test Engineer role.
- Graduate of one of the 4 recognised Test Schools (ETPS, EPNER, USAFTPS or USNTPS).
- Line management experience.
Key skills and experience;
- Broad operational knowledge and experience in the functions of the organisation (e.g. training management, aircraft operations, air traffic management, aerodrome operations and maintenance organisation management).
- Technical understanding of flight test, data recording and analysis techniques and flight test risk management principles and practices.
- Experience of flight operations within the UK Military Aviation regulated environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- Being responsible for providing information and advice to senior management and to the Accountable Manager on matters relating to flight test so tact, diplomacy and a high degree of integrity are prerequisites.
- Able to engage effectively with stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.)
- Good analytical skills.
NB. Whilst we endeavour to provide as much notice as possible, there may be occasion at short notice when flexibility is required for travel and for outside normal hours working.
Applicants must be eligible for or current holder SC security clearance (Raytheon UK can will sponsor as required).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms