Are you ready to join a team that is the leader in analytical process gas chromatography / analytical solutions? In this role the Fastlane Support Technician will design, develop, test and implement hardware and applications for a variety of dynamic gas chromatograph industry needs.
The primary focus for this position is the Siemens Gas Chromatograph, but may extend into other related area such as sample system design or related small scale system integration. This position will report to the Global Head of Standards within the Siemens GCI Business Segment.
The successful candidate will possess, as a minimum, the requirements listed below in the Knowledge/Skills section which are necessary to standardize process gas chromatographic solutions/processes as well as be comfortable in working in a team environment. Associated tasks are at a minimum:
- compliance with on job safety requirements
- Plans and executes assigned standardization development and bounds testing.
- Acts as first point of contact for resolving more complex issues.
- Oversees ramp up, set up and start procedures to prepare analyzers for operations and test.
- Plans and completes installation of testing fixtures on site, ensures proper documentation and cooperation with involved personnel.
- Supports maintenance of technical documentations of processes and equipment.
- Advises Technicians in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of standardized/fastlane analyzers.
- Analyzes product specifications, and clarifies product requirements and manufacturing aspects
- Develops and calculates product modifications needed to increase efficiency of production
- Provides detailed information on product specifications and on pieces and parts needed for product completion.
- Plans equipment layout, tools and IT programs needed, and designs or contributes to design the manufacturing workflow. Cooperates in these aspects with other respective Engineers.
- assist in standardization of work processes
- implementation of standardized GC applications
- requisition of project specific hardware
- specify chromatographic designs for production orders
- interface with internal/external customers
- testing of designed solutions in a production environment
- technical support of test technicians during manufacturing
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- AS Technology Degree and 5+ years’ on-line process chromatography experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel
- Detail Oriented
- Fluent and effective English communication skills including technical writing
- Strong technical skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Hands-on experience with instrumentation (5+yr)
- Hands-on experience with PLCs and programming (2+yr)
- Experience with Visual Basic (or equivalent) and database concepts (1+yr)
- Familiarity with SAP (1+yr)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.