Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
This position requires a qualified, hands-on, service-oriented Lead Engineer to be involved with upgrading existing critical power equipment on a national basis. Reporting to the Area Services Manager, the Engineer would be responsible and accountable for his/her teams’ safety, activities, and performance while on the job. The Engineer would also be involved with the design, testing, simulation, MOPs, and site meetings. This is to lead and train a team field service engineers involved with PLC upgrades across the country.
Applicant must carry a cell phone and be on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As the Field Services Engineer, you will:
Focus on PLC’s Upgrades; with many GE PLC parts going obsolete we’ve seen a very large growth in After Market Sales for system upgrades. The following is a list of additional responsibilities & duties for this role:
- Troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers (PLC’s)
- Installation, troubleshooting, and design of 480VAC/12.47KVAC, switchgear, ATS, circuit breakers and generator system controls
- Provide technical support of field startups (standard and non-standard systems), warranty efforts, remedial repairs, and preventative maintenance contracts
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all safety policies, procedures, guidelines, and laws
- Conduct client communication in a highly customer service-oriented manner and potentially expand the scope of project work as well as negotiate any extra charges associated with work performed
- All work and decisions shall be conducted in strict compliance of all regulatory laws
- Travel requirements: Up to 80% travel
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- High School or GED
- 3-5 years in Field Service Engineering / minimum of 3 years in a role that required people supervision Strong background in electrical power including low voltage through medium voltage and experience with most types of switchgear testing required
- Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation and customer technical support
- Familiarity with all applicable codes and industry standards
- Proficient in dealing with client interactions and completing projects on time and within budget guidelines
- Strong project management skills with excellent decision making, organization and management capabilities
- Must be self-directed and very committed to customer satisfaction
- Must be able to operate all types of test equipment, coordinate and manage any size project
- Work effectively with customers, peers, and management to resolve client issues
- Individuals must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Experience with programming PLCs and HMIs
- Power distribution, DC/AC, Voltage Circuit Theory and practical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent customer service, time management and follow-up skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.