We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our total rewards package offering includes bonuses, healthcare, insurance benefits, retirement programs, wellness programs, as well as service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities, all of which are location specific.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referrral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program
The Job’s mission:
Have you always wanted to work for one of the world's best employers within medical technology and an award-winning Great Place to Work Spain 2023?
For our innovative Mako robotics system, we are looking for a Clinical Mako Support Specialist to cover the clinical field service in the south of Spain. The Mako enables surgeons to have a more predictable surgical experience when performing joint replacement surgery (hip, knee). With your strong communication skills, you will brief the assigned customers and provide them with intensive on-site guidance before and during surgical procedures in all areas of application of the Mako Robotics System. After an intensive training and onboarding phase of 6 months including certification, you will work within a highly engaged team that truly cares about making healthcare better by providing best customer product support with a high level of personal responsibility.
Learn more about what a Mako Product Specialist does at Stryker and get to know Avnish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSzewU_YdY
Learn more about the Mako robot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-hSfOKrAZI
Your key responsibilities:
- You will provide clinical product support to all end users (surgeons, healthcare professionals, nurses) and on-site guidance and assistance during surgical procedures with the Mako robotics system. Therefore, you will mainly work with assigned accounts within your defined territory.
- You will prepare pre-operative CT scans for use in conjunction with the Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic Mako system to assist surgeons in preoperative implant planning, implant sizing and positioning.
- You will provide surgeons and OR staff with training and clinical/technical support during the surgery of the robotic arm applications, associated equipment and instruments to insure ideal placement and precision of the hip or knee implant.
- During the surgery, you know the procedure inside out so you can be one step of the scrub/scout nurse as you will need to tell then (at times) what implements to pass the surgeon, in what order and at what time. Additionally, you will solve potential product problems for customers in a highly satisfactory manner.
- You will collaborate with Sales Representatives and Marketing to increase public awareness and highlight clinical benefits of the products and build strong relationships with key surgeons and OR staff at targeted accounts.
- In addition to providing ongoing education, you will be a crucial conduit to our Stryker engineers for feedback on product design.
- Additional tasks will include creating case reports, resolving product problems, obtaining purchase orders, monitoring inventory and assisting sales and marketing teams in an effort to increase account growth of the Mako robot.
What are we looking for?
- You have gained at least 1 year of experience as clinical support specialist, nurse, physiotherapist, application specialist, product specialist, paramedic or similar.
- You have demonstrated knowledge and experience in the medical field.
- You hold a university degree within the field of biomedical engineering, medical technology, health sciences or similar.
- You have already gained orthopedic surgery experience which is a plus - not a must.
- A strong customer interaction experience is important for you as you place the customer at the heart of everything you do!
- You hold strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with all levels of a medical department. (Head of Dept., Sr. & Jr. surgeons, nurses, surgical techs, central sterile processing techs)
- You hold a high level of stress resistance and demonstrated problem solving skills to troubleshoot potential problems.
- You are highly flexible to travel within the territory (70% travel) or also cover for your colleagues in other regions of Spain if needed. This can include overnight stays occasionally – all expenses are reimbursed.
- Natural talent to understand and connect with others.
- You would describe yourself as very detail orientation, curious and a fast learner.
- You hold demonstrated knowledge of business administrative and clerical procedures and systems (e.g., word processing, file management and record maintenance)
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required (minimum C1 level in both languages). We kindly ask you to apply with an English CV.
- You hold a valid driver’s license.
- You need to be based in the south of Spain, ideally Malaga.
What We Offer
- Company Car. As this is a field-based role with regular on-site meetings with customers, you will be provided with a customized company car including fuel card and all services.
- MAKO Product Training. To become a certified MAKO Product Specialist, you will complete a 6-month product training in English including co-travelling, surgery’s observation in the operating room and a final exam.
- Flat hierarchies and responsibility. Through flat hierarchies, we strengthen the initiative and willingness of our employees to take over responsible tasks.
- We grow talent. At Stryker we offer great personal and internal career development for our employees, with the possibility to make both vertical and lateral position movement.
- Team spirit & engagement. We create engaged and inclusive teams that encourage colleagues to share their diverse perspectives and opinions.
- Competitive salary. With us, you will receive a competitive salary commensurate with your job.
- Recognition of your performance. At our company, outstanding individual and cross-functional team performance is rewarded. Ideas, projects, or other exceptional achievements can be submitted for various awards on a local and global level.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com