In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. We aim to become the pinnacle of professional esports. Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games, adding Team Fight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT and Wild Rift to our roster of games. The APAC Esports team is the group responsible for organizing, operating, broadcasting and telling stories around competition for each of Riot’s Games in APAC. Our vision is to bring joy to fans by fostering a thriving sport ecosystem. The Southeast Asia region is an essential and significant part of APAC. That’s where you come in.
As our Senior Manager of Esports Content Services - SEA, you will integrate and lead our broadcast, content and creative organizations, as well as our esports technology group, production management and live events. You will provide holistic leadership to our team and drive a consistent high quality fan experience across all Riot SEA Esports content, broadcasts and live events. You will collaborate with the product leads to set the strategic direction for content creation and be accountable for its successful delivery. You're eager to create experience - whether on broadcast or in person, that thrill players and esports fans. You will be responsible for providing management, guidance, and mentorship to a diverse team and developing best practices and approaches to work as we launch and scale the biggest and most innovative sports products for our fans. This role reports to the Head of Esports, Southeast Asia.
- Manage and inspire our Broadcast, Production, Content and Creative teams setting the overall content strategy and aligning with product and marketing leads to execute our vision.
- Collaborate with Global Content Services to implement best practices and contribute to strategy and execution of global events in the SEA Markets.
- Oversee and communicate strategy & best in class processes for Esports Content Services in the SEA Markets .
- Ensure support for product vision, alignment with Esports goals, and responsible resources and talent allocation.
- Collaborate with publishing, product and cross functional leaders to prioritize the needs for Esports Content Services in the region and ensure high quality execution.
- Accountable for our broadcast and content creating and celebrating marquee moments that elevate our sports, showcase our players, delight our fans and impact culture at large.
- Set goals and track the performance of our Esports Content Services efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on how content and broadcasts are resonating with our fans, pivoting as needed.
- Manage, guide, and mentor the Content Services organization, attract and hire top tier talent to support team growth, accountable for overall team health and engagement, build leadership and succession pipelines and encourage constant focus on career growth.
- Work with our remote broadcast center leadership and regional technology group to develop a broadcast technology strategy that is at the forefront of sports.
- 10+ years of experience in broadcast and creative content production
- 5+ years of experience managing complex, multi-function teams, and organizational administration.
- Experience effectively managing resource planning and budget management
- Proven ability to interpret and translate data into content strategy that supports product vision
- Outstanding relationship-building and communication skills and experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Advanced knowledge of the media landscape in sports or esports.
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field
- Knowledge of esports ecosystems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!