We are on the journey of forming the new motors and large drives company Innomotics and are therefore looking for a Product Managerto join our team at Innomotics.Launch of our new company Innomotics
We are on the exciting journey of forming a new leading motors and large drives company –Innomotics. Under this name, Siemens is combining its business activities in the areas of low- to high-voltage motors, geared motors, medium-voltage converters and motor spindles. Headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, our company will employ ~ 14,000 employees worldwide and operate in almost 50 countries. Motors and electric drive systems are our new company’s business and passion: We count on 150 years of experience in motor manufacturing and our portfolio includes an innovative solutions and digitalization portfolio as well as a broad range of service offerings. Innomotics embodies our vision, values and dedication to innovation and excellence in everything we do: reliable motion in a digital world.
As product manager, you’ll be responsible for the vision of the Mobile Mining Haul Truck product and supervising the execution of that vision that aligns with the market trends of decarbonization and digitalization. Lead and support the strategic direction of the product line as well as various Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) activities.Responsibilities
The Product Manager coordinates and supports the interdisciplinary product-related Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) activities to attain the best possible product result and to optimize the product’s market position and financial return across its life cycle.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of global customer needs and competitors, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and implement a strategic product plan.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of customers worldwide, develop good technical knowledge of all products and services, and a detailed understanding of the global marketplace.
- Acquire customer requirements and product specifications via market research activities, market analysis, and ongoing communication with customers and the marketing and sales team
- Build key documents to enable successful development of new products and services
- Interact with cross-functional project teams of engineering, quality, sales, and marketing to develop impactful product solutions and services.
- product marketing and the creation of content for pre-sales activities
- maintain the haul truck product roadmap and support the development of business cases to bring new products and services to market
- complete product related market and competitor analyses
- activities related to product maintenance and product enhancements after product release
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Management
- Understanding of power electronics and MV variable speed drives technology and applications
- Experience in Product Management in the field of medium voltage variable speed drive systems
- Ability to quickly grasp technical contexts and acquire knowledge in a technical field
- Ability to synthesize market and customer feedback and existing and new products into new product concepts and solutions
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical presentations of products and solutions for the haul truck product lines
- Leadership skills to influence and encourage team members while steering products in the best direction possible
- Excellent communication skills in a customer centric environment. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral formats
Willingness to learn and support technical product issues as needed
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We apply lean principles and seek to continually improve ourselves, our processes and customers’ experience.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.