We are on the journey of forming the new motors and large drives company Innomotics and are therefore looking for a Machinist to join our team at Innomotics.Launch of our new company Innomotics
We are on the exciting journey of forming a new leading motors and large drives company –Innomotics. Under this name, Siemens is combining its business activities in the areas of low- to high-voltage motors, geared motors, medium-voltage converters and motor spindles. Headquartered in Nuremberg, Germany, our company will employ ~ 14,000 employees worldwide and operate in almost 50 countries. Motors and electric drive systems are our new company’s business and passion: We count on 150 years of experience in motor manufacturing and our portfolio includes an innovative solutions and digitalization portfolio as well as a broad range of service offerings. Innomotics embodies our vision, values and commitment to innovation and excellence in everything we do: reliable motion in a digital world.
Kansas City, MO Service Repair Center is looking for a Machinist. In this role you will setup and prove out of programs to safely and accurately machine sophisticated parts to print specifications. This Position is in a collective bargaining Union. You will become a member of the local collective Bargaining unit upon hire. Reports to shop supervisor and takes direction from shop leads.Responsibilities
- Receive oral or written instructions from supervisor or designated representatives.
- Sets up production machines following prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include lathes, grinders, mills, and similar equipment.
- Chooses, aligns, and securely attaches holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and other materials on machines.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics and instruments to calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Identifies malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts controls of machine to correct errors.
- Inspects and measures completed production units to identify defects caused by machine setup.
- Starts or restarts equipment after power outages or interruptions.
- Maintains a safe and orderly production area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Use all required safety equipment and follow established safety practices.
- Utilizes and abides by ISO requirements.
- Keep work are neat, clean, and orderly.
- Perform field work as required.
- 2-3 years of experience and or equivalent education in motor repair and service
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have the physical ability to perform work required.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate various powered hand tools – (drills, grinders, impact drivers, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal direction and be dedicated.
- Associates degree in Manufacturing/Technical Programming; OR completion of a full apprenticeship program; OR successful completion of suitable company training required.
- At least one year of experience as a fully qualified machinist required.
- Prior experience in a machining and manufacturing environment.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.