Our Test Operator will work with an expert team and exciting environment on next generation rail vehicles. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States and are assembled and tested right here in Sacramento, CA. You will be mainly responsible for wiring harness testing, troubleshooting, and repair to achieve a maximum customer satisfaction and reliability.
Testing and troubleshooting of light rail vehicle harnessing and switch cabinets
Perform electrical and mechanical repairs of various connectors with the use of drawings, schematics, and assembly instructions
Read, interpret, and implement written or electronic procedures
Maintain test records
Communicate verbally and in writing with a team, the supervisors, and colleagues
Clearly communicate technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements, and other work-related information.
Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
High school diploma (or GED)
Must be able to read, write and speak English
Minimum 2 years experiences in relevant field
Proficient with electrical schematics, and wiring diagrams
Proficient with all basic hand tools
Proficient in working with testing equipment such as multi-meters
Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines
Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 40 lbs.
Comfortable working in a rail manufacturing environment
Familiar with MS office applications
Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $37,875 - $63,125.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.