Diesel Mechanic – Workshop
Laverton - $5,000 sign on bonus!
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Diesel Mechanic to join our workshop team in Laverton specialising in Heavy Vehicle repairs and maintenance for our On-highway automotive customers.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Complete repairs and maintenance of heavy diesel and engine products
- Diagnose and repair various engines
- Engine rebuilding and reconditioning
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and report any issues / incidents to the Supervisor
- Complete required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Mechanical trades qualified as Heavy Diesel Mechanic, Light vehicle mechanic or plant mechanic
- Experience as a technician in the service and maintenance of heavy diesel products
- Ideally possess engine rebuild and reconditioning experience or knowledge
- Solid diagnostic capabilities with the help of systems on computers
- Safety Focused
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive hourly rate paid as a permanent salary
- Fixed rotating roster 2 weeks dayshift, 1 week afternoon
- Relocation assistance offered from anywhere in Australia
- $5,000 sign on bonus (Conditions apply)
- Overtime and loading penalties
- Safety equipment / PPE provided
- Uniforms provided and laundered
- Tool allowance
- Comprehensive Cummins product training provided
- Income Protection continuance insurance
- Discounts with select private health insurance, PC software/hardware and a range of vehicles
- Annual remuneration review
- Participation in an annual variable compensation (bonus) program
- A range of personal and professional benefits
- Onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Program available to employees
- Paid Parental leave (Conditions apply)
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, colour, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for All Women. Click here (link to our work180 page: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/cummins-australia/jobs) to check out our Benefits