Lead Data Science Engineer – Remote US
Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
About EV Charging-As-A-Service (EV CaaS)
EV CaaS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, EV CaaS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible.
In this role, you will be leading the effort to build and deliver innovative data services and solutions for our EV fleet management customers. You'll work with a team of talented engineers to build solutions that transform multiple data sources into critical insights, driving operational efficiency and strategy for our customers. From ideation to deployment, you'll be leading the effort to shape the future of EV fleet management.
As the Lead Data Science Engineer, you will:
- Be a technical leader, mentor, collaborator, and champion of best practices
- Architect, design, develop, and deploy solutions for predictive analytics and ongoing algorithm improvements
- Develop real-time analytics based on multiple available data sources
- Implement solutions using a range of internal and external data sources related to the performance of electric vehicles
- Lead the implementation of solutions using machine learning, feature engineering, and heuristic algorithms
- Measure performance of all solutions, and provide ongoing improvements based on real-world data
- Develop predictive event monitoring and notification based on identified conditions
- Influence and make decisions on tools and the technology roadmap to meet our analytics and reporting requirements
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
- Mentor junior developers to help them improve their coding practices
- Investigate and resolve system functionality and performance issues
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- 5+ years of experience with Python development
- Development expertise with one or more machine learning toolkits, such as TensorFlow or Scikit-learn.
- Experience developing and deploying machine learning models in a production environment
- Experience in quantitative analysis and performance improvement of machine learning models using real-world ground truth data
- Previous work that involved multiple data sources requiring analysis, cleansing, and feature engineering
- Ability to lead analytical projects to derive critical business insights and identify future innovation in the industry
- Experience with CI/CD processes for building and deploying high-quality services
- Ability to collaborate across multiple development teams to ensure performance, quality, and a positive user experience
- Strong analytical, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to analyze requirements and define the design and tools necessary to build maintainable solutions
- Master’s degree with specialization in data science, analytics, machine learning, or similar
- 2+ years of team lead experience
- Experience developing solutions with streaming data using PySpark or similar tools
- Experience with vehicle navigation, including map attributes, routing, and/or traffic
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.