Siemens Large Drives Business Unit is looking for an experienced Material Handler I for our Receiving Department in New Kensington, PA. In this role you will be responsible for the movement of material throughout the production facility while adhering to all company policies and operational processes and procedures.Responsibilities
You will pull, prepare and stage job materials in assigned manufacturing work cells or staging areas to include material presentation, load and unload material onto transports and trucks as well as assist with rigging of material on the manufacturing floor and on truck with the use of pallet jacks, cranes or other equipment. You will also remove and dispose of packing, scrap, material, skids and cardboard, etc. in the manufacturing area, storeroom and receiving area as needed. You will also responsible for:
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes prioritizing work area for orderliness at all times, including sweeping, dusting, mopping and operating floor scrubber as the need arises to ensure work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic
- Inspecting for damage and compare inbound/outbound shipment to packing list and bill of lading to determine that quantities, destination and processing are accurate.
- Identifying discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Making deliveries and pickups with company vehicles.
- Assisting in clean up and breakdown of drives prior to shipment.
- Performing cycle counts.
- Assisting in training new employees.
- Working overtime as the need arises.
- Frequent lifting of 35 pounds is required.
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Problem solving skills
- This position requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- Basic material handling experience preferred, but not required
- Basic digital literacy preferred
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.