Cummins - Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator - Portland OR
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator to join our team for our location in Portland Oregon.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Provides technical support on health, safety and environmental to production and site personnel under the guidance of the site HSE leader.
- Assists in the analysis, review and sustainability of Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
- Maintains skills and knowledge required to perform job duties.
- Determine gaps within corporate HSE initiatives and local health, safety and environmental policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Build an understanding of and applies HSE culture ensuring it is integral to processes.
- Maintain confidentiality and appropriate recordkeeping standards in line with corporate data protection and retention requirements.
- Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard through internal reporting processes.
- Work as a HSE resource and provide guidance to the site on reporting processes.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of hazard identification, incident investigation and risk assessments processes.
- Support closure of corrective and preventive actions.
- Communicate effectively to create HSE awareness.
- Supports environmental management activities.
- Perform basic administrative tasks as required.
- Participate in HSE inspection and audit programs.
- Actively participate and lead incident investigation and reporting.
- Gathers data for the analysis of HSE related trends.
- Assists in maintenance of local HSE policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Support health, safety, environmental and wellness initiatives.
- Support maintenance of Emergency Response processes.
- Participate in local employee engagement initiatives to drive an interdependent culture.
- Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation and quality procedures.
- Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
- Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
- Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- A two-year University degree in Industrial Safety, Environmental Management, Sustainability or related field preferred.
- Requires significant relevant work experience or specialized skills obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience in health, safety and environment.
- Documents and maintains departmental policies and procedures.
- Participates as a team member on departmental related business improvement assignments and projects as needed.
- Partners with customers, facilities, contractors and others to provide project management, design, quotes, scheduling, and coordination for facility-related projects.
- Coordinates with facilities management to schedule work and special projects for the assigned facility
- Works with corporate indirect purchasing to understand supplier base, consolidate suppliers, put appropriate contacts into place, and negotiate cost reductions with suppliers to the facility; maintains relationships with various suppliers and vendors of services provided to the facility.
- Performs other routine administrative activities as needed per the established procedures of the organization and/or department.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
A two year University degree in Industrial Safety, Environmental Management, Sustainability or related field preferred.
Requires significant relevant work experience or specialized skills obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience in health, safety and environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization