Position Title: Product Engineer
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA/Grand Prairie, TX
Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Electrical Products business unit is looking for a engineering expert with proven track record, who will shape and drive our digital transformation strategy. We expect to see candidates who can impress us with their knowledge of simplifying product selection process of our complex Systems products to our Sales and Customers in the construction market.
What you will do:
The candidate will serve as a Product Specialist – Data & BIM Analysis in our Product Development/ R&D organization. The candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Leads the classification of EP Systems portfolio to enable digitalization of offering them to our customers.
- Works in cross functional digitalization team to classify our portfolio with progressive level of detail that meets the expectations of the construction market.
- Understands the various phases of MEP system design process, particularly in the use of tools like REVIT in generating BIM models and in generating construction project pricing.
- Evaluates use of electrical schematic diagram (single line) in the construction process. Apply them in the classification of Systems products.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Business Development, Business Technology, Sales and customers with focus on customer experience / journey in selection process of Systems portfolio.
- Collaborates with Business Technology in streamlining design publishing process that enables simplified integration with BIM and Siemens project pricing system.
- Is expected to integrate processes and results from MEP design and construction workflows with internal order execution.
- Significant experience with application of agile development methodology.
What will set you apart:
- Professional know-how and experience in MEP design, construction, and usage of BIM tools in the industry.
- 2+ years working with AutoDesk Revit or equivalent tool, specifically with Power Distribution products for BIM
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
What you will need:
- A BS/MS degree in Business, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent discipline.
- Should have 3+ years of construction design firm experience with a proven record of accomplishment of delivery.
- Applies Design Thinking and has a solid background with early customer validation in rapid learn-build-test cycles with focus on achieving customer value.
- Strong analytical thinking/problem-solving skills with attention to detail when creating and reviewing functional and technical designs and data/process flow diagrams.
- Thinks and acts in ecosystems.
- Excellent relationship management skills – negotiation, managing expectations, timely, appropriate, and consistent communications, conflict management.
- Experience working in a metrics-driven environment, utilizing data driven techniques and tools to ensure goals are established and met.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to different audiences including developers, business users, management, and executives.
- Experience with analysis, development, testing, and implementation of software enhancements.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.