Payment Systems Risk technology team within Visa is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa and its clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate risk for Visa and its Payment Eco System.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payment technology companies.
- Responsible for design and development of different products utilizing Visa's data assets to solve complex problems in the payment systems risk space
- Interested in Innovation and ideation. Contribute to development of new products by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and exceeds expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code
- Help developer efficiencies by utilizing Continuous Integration/Development tools, test automation frameworks and other related items
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Work in Agile/Scrum teams and follow the guidelines
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Collaborate with global and virtual teams throughout software development life cycle
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to products, standards, best practices, and development methodologies
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience.
• 8+ years of relevant experience with software design, architecture, and development life cycle
• Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
• Full Stack Software Development experience in large scale mission critical applications
• Mandatory experience with n-tier web application development and experience in Java/J2EE frameworks
• Solid experience in frameworks like Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Hibernate
• Expertise with RDBMS systems like MySQL, Oracle or DB2
• Proficient in Web Services/API Development using SOAP or REST, JSON, and XML.
• Proficient in GIT/Stash, Maven, Jenkins etc.
• Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timelines
• Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
• Leading a module/team or mentoring experience will be a plus
• Excellent presentation, collaboration and communication skills required
• Experience being part of an Agile/Scrum team and following processes
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.