Siemens Norwood, OH AboveNEMA motor facility is the world’s leading provider of large electric motors, celebrating over 120 Years with global service and support that includes over 100 patents. Our Norwood Family is proud to serve industries such as oil/gas, chemical, pulp/paper, mining, and power generation. Our ISO-9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001 Certified plant manufactures AC induction motors up to 22,000 horsepower and voltages to 13,200 volts.Job Summary:
The Industrial Engineering Co-op will conduct time studies to measure work patterns and methods of manufacturing employees. The purpose of these studies is to develop and implement updated time standards to ensure the most efficient use of production staff. Fellow engineers and department supervisors will work closely with this individual to help guide them and ensure project success.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Conducts time and motion studies to support the update of time standards in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Conducts or leads in the observation and analysis of work procedures to determine the time requirements of each position or assignment
- Analyzes data and specifications to establish reasonable time and production standards
- Crafts and maintains accurate notes that can be used to archive process steps
- Uses an open mind to conceptualize process improvement opportunities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to remain professional and tactful in all situations
- Excellent time management skills with a proven track record to identify the most efficient method of implementing a task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to modify schedule to align with what is being built on the production floor may occasionally be required
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, with a base knowledge of time studies
- Familiarization with lean methodology and/or production methods
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Part-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.