Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
As the Business Development Specialist for Low Voltage Retrofit product line, you will:
Establish and lead the sales initiatives to realize bookings quota for the LV and LVMCC retrofit product line of Siemens Industry Inc., Smart Infrastructure, Electrification & Automation - Customer Services (SI EA CS) in the power generation, transmission & distribution, industrial, federal, and commercial vertical markets. While serving as a lead technical consultant on this product line, you will be responsible for lead generation, pipeline development, account planning, defining strategies to grow business volume and penetrate new customer accounts to achieve greater market share while collaborating with remainder of the Siemens Industry BDMs from other business units and direct Siemens sales organizations across all channels. Strategic engagement in proposal and sales processes will be required.
- Identify, pursue, and capture new business opportunities utilizing Siemens LV & LVMCC retrofit solutions and experience base in all key market segments within the regional territory.
- Early involvement with target customers to influence their specifications and drive the acceptance of our products and service solutions.
- Serve as product expert and key technical consultant for all inquiries on the LV & LVMCC retrofit product line of the SI EA CS business across the opportunity lifecycle.
- Responsible for generating leads for LV & LVMCC retrofit products from any customer interaction.
- Responsible for providing budgetary quotes for customer inquiries on LV & LVMCC retrofit product line.
- Responsible for on time quotes for LV & LVMCC retrofit product line by supporting application engineering and business development with technical input.
- Conduct technical product training for LV & LVMCC retrofit breaker designs for customers, sales, and business development.
- Responsible for meeting bookings target for LV & LVMCC retrofit line of business of the SI EA Customer Services portfolio.
- Maintain and track LV & LVMCC retrofit opportunity pipeline by design type to report on hit rate of each design type versus quoted volume and requested volume.
- Initiate and drive change in design roadmap with product management and R&D based on market needs to support growth plans.
- Attend site walk through with customers, sales, and business development to identify and conceptualize opportunities for LV & LVMCC retrofit product line on installed base.
- Attend account planning meetings with sales and account manager to identify leads for LV & LVMCC retrofit and proactively pursue customer engagement early in their project initiation phase to maximize Siemens scope.
- Serve as key technical contributor to marketing collateral for LV & LVMCC retrofit offerings.
- Initiate continuous improvement of marketing collateral of the LV & LVMCC retrofit product line.
- Attend industry expositions to drive awareness of our product in the marketplace, connect with new customer contacts and generate leads for the LV & LVMCC retrofit product line.
- Provide market intelligence on acceptable pricing levels for product of responsibility to offers and business development.
- Provide market intelligence on acceptable lead times for LV & LVMCC retrofit product line.
- Attend factory production/load meetings to understand product lead times and factory capacity for opportunity pipeline and drive lead time improvements based on market needs with PLM & management.
- Drive profitable growth on LV & LVMCC retrofit product line.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5 years of business experience with responsibilities for engineering, sales, business development, project management, or field operations in power generation, utility and/or industrial, commercial, and federal markets within the regional territory.
- Strong technical and commercial knowledge of transmission and distribution equipment and application within all previously mentioned market segments.
- Experience serving as a key technical consultant on any product or service of medium voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skill, accountability, and having the ability to work though others as required.
- Possess persuasive presentation and effective communications skills (written and verbal), motivation, and creativity to develop dynamic solutions to unique customer opportunities.
- High self-motivated, a self-starter, and can effectively work in an organizational matrix environment.
- A “Hunters” drive and motivation to win orders.
- Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
- Approximately 30% of national travel required.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of business experience with responsibilities for engineering, sales, business development, project management, or field operations in power generation, utility and/or industrial, commercial, and federal markets within the regional territory.
- Experience with low voltage breakers
- Experience with low voltage motor control centers
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications.
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options.
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave.
- Wellness Program
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.