At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Job TitleQuality Engineer GG 9Position Summary
Provide quality engineering support in quality assurance, control, and preventative activities with a focus on continuous improvement of internal products and processes. Support supplier quality issues impacting daily operations. Advocate and lead the execution of initiatives and projects to enhance quality performance within the business and for our customers. Ensure compliance to regulation and standards.
- Knowledge of Quality Concepts (e.g. Risk Management, CAPA, Audits, Statistics).
- Able to demonstrate strong communication, project management and ability to influence without authority.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to represent Quality function with project teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, oral communication and negotiations skills.
- Strong in critical thinking and ""outside the box"" thinking.
- Highly developed problem solving skills. Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and complete projects in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Computer literacy.
- Some travel may be required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with operations and the business functions to ensure quality performance of product and processes.
- Collaborates with Divisional QA, cross-functional and suppliers teams to address top quality issues.
- Own identified internal and supplier driven non-conformances and manage the timely closure of NC's within. Own or support identified internal CAPAs and manage to timely root cause investigation, implementation and closure.
- Disposition non-conforming product within MRB, issuing NC's as appropriate.
- Communicate with suppliers regarding non-conformances, escalating supplier corrective action requests as required.
- Engage in the development and improvement of the internal manufacturing processes for existing products.
- Performs critical assessment of internal and supplier proposed change management activities.
- Participates in the creation and/or review of new or modified procedures.
- Maintain KPIs for monitoring of process and/or product quality, perform analysis, and interpret trends, identifying and activating on appropriate actions as necessary.
- Support execution and analysis of manufacturing related complaints and product field actions.
- Advocate of Human Factor practices, familiarity in the science of Human Factor identification, reduction, and mitigation.
- Collaborate with appropriate stakeholders to identify and execute opportunities for supplier part certification.
- Develop understanding of risk management practices and concepts and applies knowledge to manufacturing operations.
Qualifications Knowledge Skills· BSc / B. Eng. in a science, engineering or related discipline preferred, or equivalent years of experience.· 0+ years experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com