Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
The Siemens R&D team is looking for a simulation engineer to join our team in Electrification and Automation (EA). As a simulation engineer, you will be responsible for aiding project managers in the successful execution of product development projects, from conception to release of designs. You will work in a matrix style organization requiring excellent coordination skills and the ability to manage competing priorities. Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the EA R&D team executes a diverse portfolio of projects for low- and medium-voltage power distribution equipment. The simulation engineer comes with ample opportunities for growth, reflective of Siemens mission to empower people with a growth mindset. As a development team, we use the latest technologies and techniques to learn from our failures so that we can drive innovation for the company.
As the Simulation Engineer, you will:
- Accompany the entire development process starting with the pre-development, the definition of the development project, the design and simulation of systems and components up to the transition to industrialization and product care.
- Support a global organization of simulation engineers providing technical expertise to design teams of medium and low voltage power distribution products.
- Function as a technical expert within the local R&D team to help guide designs teams to optimized solutions.
- Assist the design team in preparing for the test including review of drawings, test plans, and test sequence so that results can be used to calibrate simulation models.
- Provide ongoing feedback to the design team during development projects.
- Build a reputation globally as a simulation expert.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 2+ years experience using simulation to solve engineering problems and provide technical assistance to design teams
- Additional 5+ years of experience in a mechanical design or systems engineering
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical technical drawings
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with Siemens NX
- Working knowledge of current MS Office applications
- Demonstrated oral & written communications skills
- 4+ years of experience working specifically with low and/or medium voltage power distribution equipment.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Experience working with ANSYS, Siemens NX, or other simulation software platform
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of UL and IEEE standards to understand how design requirements are specified and how type tests are performed
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.