What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This inspector position performs assigned tasks on fire alarm systems including minor repairs and visual and functional testing on fire alarm systems in accordance with all national and local standards. If this role is hired at the senior level, you will act as a mentor and provide on-the-job training to lower-level technicians.
- Provide inspection, testing, and service for fire alarm equipment to comply with NFPA72 standards as well as state and local codes. Complete required documentation including deficiency repair recommendations.
- Discuss noted deficiencies, remedies, and pricing with customers and follow up on corrective actions.
- Follow and maintain highly structured inspection schedules.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of all tests performed. Generate reports within Siemens tools and upload to city municipality websites.
- Perform minor service and deficiency repairs on all fire alarm system types.
- Complete service ticket documentation before leaving the customer site.
- Provide instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections. Assist with training.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Adhere to local, corporate, and OSHA safety policies and procedures.
- Complete required training and certifications within the time requirements for this role.
- Provide hands-on training and coaching of entry-level inspectors.
- Maintain stock, tools, and equipment in vehicles.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience performing Inspections, Testing, and Maintenance (ITM) of Fire Alarm and/or Fire Life Safety Systems; 5+ years experience preferred
- Must obtain NICET Fire Alarm certification within 12 mo
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have good customer-facing and customer service skills
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Individuals must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Electrical wiring, fire alarms, Fire Alarm Technician, fire alarm system, Fire alarm control panel, Building safety interfaces, safety devices, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.