Under close supervision, the Material Handler is responsible for the movement of material throughout the production facility as the need arises while adhering to all company policies and operational processes and procedures.Responsibilities
In this role you will pull, prepare and stage job materials in assigned manufacturing work cells or staging areas to include material presentation load and unload material onto transports and trucks as well as assist with rigging of material on the manufacturing floor and on truck with the use of pallet jacks, cranes or other equipment. The Material Handler will also remove and dispose of packing, scrap, material, skids and cardboard, etc., in the manufacturing area, storeroom and receiving area as necessary. You will also responsible for the following:
- Housekeeping and 5S activities which includes organizing work area for orderliness at all times, including sweeping, dusting, mopping and operating floor scrubber as required to ensure work area is accessible and safe for internal employees and customer traffic.
- Process basic non-inventory purchase order receipts.
- Inspecting for damage and compare inbound/outbound shipment to packing list and bill of lading to determine that quantities, destination and processing are accurate.
- Identifying discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Making deliveries and pickups with company vehicles.
- Assisting in clean up and breakdown of drives prior to shipment as necessary.
- Performing cycle counts as required.
- Guide and train new employees on Material Handling and Receiving process and procedures.
- Working overtime as required.
- Frequent lifting of 50 pounds is required.
- Knowledge of all duties will be cross functional but specific duties may be assigned.
- Performs packaging for small items - boxes and envelopes
- Prepares pallet and crated shipments (less than load= LTL)
- Develop daily and weekly plans for inbound and outbound materials including coordination with Siemens contracted trucking companies
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Intermediate computer skills required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of material flow and storage locations to ensure materials are picked, delivered, recorded promptly and accurately without damage to materials, plant and equipment or other persons.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.