We’re Siemens Mobility! We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and enable cost-effective operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resource. We are adding Material Handler 1 to the team due to grown and expansion.
Get ready to Design, Build and Execute!
What you will be doing in this role:
- Locates and transfers parts shortages within the plant that may be required for completion of assemblies.
- Verifies and maintains associated stock records, logs shortage reports, and other documentation.
- May use computer applications and computers to maintain accurate material flow transactions.
- Unloads, receives, verifies, and counts material delivered to the stockroom. Kits production work orders for release to the production floor.
- Packs and ships material back to company vendors for repair or replacement.
- Performs cycle counting of all material in the stockroom.
- Utilizes small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment including forklifts, pallet handlers, hand trucks, and the like.
- Deliver kits to production and reconcile all kiting errors.
- Delivers rejected material to MRB.
- Able to maintain FIFO procedures for time sensitive material.
- Perform stock purges on an as needed basis.
- Cross training will be required to cover business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Function / Degree Preferred:
High school education or equivalent. 1 year warehouse experience required. Must have a valid California driver's license.
Familiarity with parts and stock items is desirable. Data entry experience helpful.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in some working environments may exceed 85dB
Why Siemens Mobility?
We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.