Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Our Culture:At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
This position is a Hybrid Work Environment: 2 days in the office (Houston, TX) and 3 days remote (Monday-Friday), but must have the flexibility to modify as needed for occasional in-person meetings or various days.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. The Project Coordinator provides administrative project support for Project Managers and Operations Managers during the execution phase of projects by coordinating with other departments and business functions. The goal of this position is to enable Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. Project Coordinators also act as the hub on all projects, ensuring projects move smoothly through all project milestones.
- Maintain and properly file project documentation
- Schedule project turnover meetings
- Follow up with planning office to determine status of permits
- Submit purchase requests for subcontractor labor and coordinate subcontractor paperwork
- Submit purchase requests for graphics and programming
- Support the Project Manager in obtaining existing database and software files
- Monitor project costs daily and inform the Project Manager if the actual cost exceeds the plan cost
- Track timesheets and inform the Operations Manager of missing timesheets
- Notarize billing documents when required by the customer
- Enter plan cost adjustments in SAP
- Prior to project closeout, verify that all closeout checklist items have been completed
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED
- Familiarity or experience within any of these industries (or similar construction industry): HVAC, Fire Alarm, Security Systems, Construction, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Elevator etc. preferred
- Experience or knowledge of financial transactions and billing
- Ability to read and understand contract documentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and business software systems (e.g., SAP)
- Moderate-to-extensive experience with Excel
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Must be a Texas Notary Public OR must obtain a Notary Public designation from the State of Texas within the first 3 months of employment
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship now or in the future
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.