Our Rail Infrastructure business seeks to hire a Commodity Manager responsible for managing the Metals commodities and fostering multi-functional alignment. You will be accountable for ensuring that the best possible total cost of ownership is achieved. Ensure the supplier partnering strategies for the market align with the division's business strategies and all risk factors related are managed and mitigated for the company. The position requires working globally and implementing strategies aligned with the Regional and Global SCM (Supply Commodity Management) organization.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Guide overall procurement strategy planning, implement, and control the Metals components' impact on business operating results.
- Draft and negotiate sophisticated contractual terms and conditions (frame contracts) per Business needs. Share all new product introduction information with relevant parties.
- Implement and support IT solutions to optimize all areas of responsibility.
- Develop and complete commodity purchasing strategies to meet various business unit needs.
- Participate in negotiating prices, terms, and quality requirements; prepare requests for proposals and assist in developing new supply sources.
- Solicit cost reduction ideas from suppliers and initiate follow-up actions to implement these savings for partners.
- Give general guidance or train suppliers and internal support staff.
- Proven experience in supplier management and development of predefined methods, tools, and processes
- Analytical ability and judgment to make effective business decisions.
- A considerable degree of tact and diplomacy is necessary to collaborate with all personnel within the company.
- Attention to detail with excellent organization, oral and written communication skills while ensuring cross-functional input/discussion and verification of supplier evaluation results.
- Ability to balance multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (PPT, Word, and Excel) and SAP and SCM Star for reporting purposes.
- Ability to travel 25% - getting to know our manufacturing plants, products, and suppliers.
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Each team member is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions contributing to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with an impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and the environment.
- We are front-runners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without requiring current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Pittsburgh, PA, or Louisville, KY, is $71,300 - $122,300. The salary may be higher or lower depending on the budget and the candidate's experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.