Network Processing VIP Test Engineering team is looking for a Staff SW Engineer responsible for application development, testing, support and monitoring. The VIP Token team works on a suite of applications to process the authorization transactions passing through the Visa network. The applications have been designed to be highly available, with superlative performance and reliability. System components have been designed with industry standard programming languages on TPF systems and leveraging JSON, SOAP and XML APIs. In-memory caching technologies are used to achieve low-latency to meet near-real time data processing requirements. The candidate would be responsible for working collaboratively with other team members and cross-functional teams to support the VIP applications 24X7.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents with a focus on coverage, performance and automation.
- Collaborate with the Development, Product and System Architecture teams to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues.
- Work with a team of Engineers for the development and support of Network Processing VIP Applications
- Lead test efforts for projects with testing on TPF platform, leveraging zTPF Toolchain, with integrations on C++ and assembler.
- Provide 24X7 support to all NP VIP suite of applications in the production environment. Work with cross-functional teams to ensure minimum to no disruption to the services.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in production to meet all service level agreements (SLAs)
- Designing and implementing test automation frameworks and solutions.
- Design and build test data mining and data generation tools and applications
- Enhance, maintain existing automation test tools based on C++, .NET, Python as applicable.
- Investigate bugs using various available tools and logs.
- Support production deployment activities and global business enhancement releases.
- Establish and maintain structured testing methodology, especially around automation.
- Champion security – work with cybersecurity to ensure all security vulnerabilities are remediated within Required Resolution Date
- Respond to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software
- Identify process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes and make recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management.
- Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Support emergency test activities for code patch addressing production issues.
- Report project status and issues to Project Managers and Management.
- Implement standard processes, tools, and metrics to deliver large-scale projects from inception to conclusion that meet quantifiable business objectives.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Participate in defining and communicating best practices.
- Ideal candidate wants to help build a test automation practice and make a difference.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
POSITION IS BASED IN HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO.
PLEASE NOTE: RELOCATION AND SPONSORSHIP IS NOT SUPPORTED FOR THIS ROLE
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in developing, testing and supporting mission critical applications
• Well versed with all stages of software development lifecycle phases
• Experience in test design and implementation using TPF, Java or C++ programming language
• Experience in scripting languages including Unix Shell Scripting
• Experience with MQ, Kafka, NoSQL and in-memory caching technologies is a plus
• Should have a flexible attitude and be ready to work with multiple time zones.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and attention to detail skills
• Strong ability to collaborate, great team player, highly driven and resourceful
• Strong programming and SW design skills in C#, Python.
• Experienced in industry best practices in SW development processes: Unit testing, OO design, code reviews etc. Understanding of reusable coding techniques.
• Experienced in Jira and Jenkins for tracking is a plus
• Knowledge of ISO 8583 and JSON, SOAP, XML messaging.
• Experience with build, regression and defect tracking tools e.g. Git, Maven, JIRA, and Jenkins is a plus
• Comprehensive knowledge of payment industry preferred.
• Good understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Proven understanding of white box and black box testing techniques .
• Strong experience in designing and developing Automation framework for Functional, Load, Regression and Performance Testing.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
• Strong ability in root cause analysis of issues, resolving testing issues, and driving issues to closure.
• Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with a globally distributed team in a high performance organization.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize work and maintain focus.
• Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
• Implementing solutions using Jenkins or other CI tool.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 111,200.00 to 144,500.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.