Siemens is seeking a sharp and technically-sound professional to join our sales team in San Diego, CA. Specifically, we need someone who can sell building automation technologies through value selling and by connecting with end-users. This includes but is not limited to building facilities in Healthcare, Higher Ed, Federal, K-12 and Data Centers. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join a global engineering powerhouse, offering huge developmental potential.
- No cap commission structure will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Leverage of the Siemens Building Technologies Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base
- Excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and company vehicle reimbursement program, all of which start on day one of employment
- Quick ramp-up time with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
- Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in the assigned geographic or vertical markets while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners
- Develops high-quality best total solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements
- Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned markets to achieve growth and profit goals
- Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts
- Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned areas and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan
- Identifies key accounts within the territory based on growth potential, and local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies
- Participates in implementing specific controls solutions for OEM equipment and demonstrates capabilities
- Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential
- Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies
- Monitors competitor activities and market trends
- Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking and reporting
- Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars
- Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings
- Continues to pursue in-depth market, product, and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills
- Works with both small and large accounts and upper-level decision makers practicing executive-level selling skills to achieve the highest level of account penetration
- Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred experience: 3 plus years plus of experience with proven sales and account management skills or technical skills/knowledge in building automation, mechanical, or energy systems. (Candidates with direct industry experience will receive preference.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products
- Excellent project management skills
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities
- Team-oriented personality who can work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- In-depth building automation product and consulting service knowledge with strong technical and financial skills preferred
- Mechanical or Electrical Distribution System knowledge/experience a plus
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 18 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle reimbursement plan
This job is based in San Diego, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html
The base salary range for this position in San Diego, CA is $54,485 - $95,040 and plus an uncapped commission plan.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.