Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation, and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
We are looking for a Product Owner to organize, prioritize and assess work for our scrum team. Product Owner responsibilities include gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases. Ultimately, you’ll help us roll-out products that deliver our company’s vision.
- Help team in following and maintaining agile product development practices to help the team maintain and create a product roadmap.
- Managing Product backlogs
- Help in Prioritizing product deliverables
- Should spend a significant amount of time overseeing the actual development and progress of the product.
- Develop user stories and define acceptance criteria
- Set sprint goals
- Write acceptance tests
- Plan releases and upgrades
- Follow the progress of work and address production issues during sprints
- Analyze preferences and requests of end users
- Refine our agile methodology based on results and client feedback
- Keep track of industry trends
- Responsible for communicating with Product stakeholders across the board and the development team to make sure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
- Refine the process, identify areas for improvement, and support the sprint.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years of work experience with 5 years experience as a Product Owner or having similar responsibilities and the following experience:
- Good understanding of cloud and container environments like Docker, Kubernetes technologies, and working knowledge of RDBMS
- Hands-on experience in software application development
- Experience in DevOps and microservices would be preferred
- Test-driven development, CI/CD process, continuous testing, Agile/Scrum practices with Github/Jira/Jenkins/Collaborator or similar platforms
- Strong common open-source tools and platforms
- Expected to have strong debugging, triaging and troubleshooting skills.
- Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Good delegation and time management skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of agile and SAFe practices
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Team spirit and excellent written and oral communication abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
The salary range for this position is $95,800 to $172,100 and this role is eligible to earn incentive compensation. The actual compensation offered is based on the successful candidate’s work location as well as additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education/training. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: www.benefitsquickstart.com. In addition, this position is eligible for time off in accordance with Company policies, including paid sick leave, paid parental leave, PTO (for non-exempt employees) or non-accrued flexible vacation (for exempt employees).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.