Join our Ecosystem Risk Programs (ERP) team as the Director of Program Management. We're a Global Risk function dedicated to safeguarding the security and integrity of the payment ecosystem from illegal and fraudulent activities. This role is pivotal in shaping strategy, design, and deployment of risk programs, adapting them as the payment and threat landscapes evolve. The position requires a collaborative leader with presence who can work with internal and external stakeholders to develop these programs, ensuring they align with Visa's business strategy and its growth across Visa Commercial, Money Movement Solutions, and Value Added Services. You'll change policies, programs, narratives, and tools to tackle emerging risks, drive projects and ensure their timely operationalization.
Be a part of our mission to shape the future of secure payments.
- Lead the design and operationalization of risk program transformations to enhance the security and integrity of the payment ecosystem.
- Drive robust program lifecycle management through program effectiveness assessments, strong collaboration and strategic medium-term planning.
- Craft compelling narratives and create robust communication collateral that effectively position our risk programs in the market, highlighting their unique features, benefits, and the value they bring.
- Maintain and enhance key risk programs, including the Visa Integrity Risk Program (VIRP), Fraud and Dispute Risk Programs as well as Visa’s Global Acquirer Risk Standards.
- Develop and execute project plans, perform critical path risk analyses, and ensure timely delivery of programs.
- Meet KRI goals by designing and implementing scalable solutions, from problem scoping to solution implementation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive projects that advance security and integrity.
- Work with Legal for regulatory landscape scanning and drive required program updates.
- Engage regularly with regional risk teams for consistent program execution and enhancement feedback.
- Develop and support training deployment, implement governance, and contribute to program MIS and reporting.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop an engagement and communications strategy with advocacy groups related to Integrity Risk Programs.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years experience in the Trust and Safety space and/or has dealt with Fraud related issues involving merchants, acquirers, third parties, or networks.
- 12 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD); PhD with 6+ years of experience
- 8+ years of experience in Risk Management and/or Trust and Safety focused on management of Ecosystem Risks
- Industry Knowledge: Strong understanding of Visa Rules, Risk Programs, Acquiring, and transactional processes.
- Solution Architect: Ability to connect disparate elements and design comprehensive solutions that require cross-stakeholder deployment and buy-in.
- Strategic Thinker: Apply strategic thinking and superior problem-solving skills in trust, safety, and security.
- Narrative Strategist: Strong ability to craft compelling narratives
- Program Driver: Demonstrate strong experience in driving programs, projects, and collaborating in large, matrixed organizations.
- Reporting Expert: Ability to facilitate informed decision-making and governance with expertise in executive reporting and documentation.
- Action-Oriented: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with strong execution skills.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 138,500.00 to 180,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.