For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility is growing in FL! We are looking for an experienced Material Handling Operator to add to the Siemens team. This position will be located in Orlando, FL, reporting directly to the Brightline Account. This role will handle all shipping, receiving, transfers and issuing of material, kits, and supplies. The individual in the role will perform any assigned warehouse and office task as determined by daily requirements for the day to day material operation. We are seeking a highly organized individual with great attention to detail, and excellent communication and follow-up skills. This person will coordinate with the engineering and planning group in material-related issues, focus on EHS and supervise logistics and warehouse activities at the depot. This is a 3rd shift position, 4 10’s to include 1 weekend night.
What your day-to-day will look like:
• Adhere to all safety and environmental requirements for the storage and shipping of material, including regulated HazMat,
• Use computer applications and computers to maintain accurate material flow transactions,
• Verify and maintain stock documents,
• Perform cycle counting of all material in the stockroom,
• Unload, receive, verify, and count material delivered to warehouse,
• Pack and ship material back to vendors for repair or replacement,
• Use small hand tools and may operate material handling equipment including forklifts and hand jacks.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- High School Diploma or GED,
- 1+ years of material handling experience,
- Excellently demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Excellently demonstrated customer service skills,
- The ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload,
- The ability to perform job duties with a sense of urgency and focused on safety.
- Setting you apart would be having experience in the railway industry as well as experience with SAP, Maximo, and forklift and reach truck. The ability to read technical drawings would be a plus.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Orlando, FL is $28,770-$47,300. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.