Position Title: Quality Engineer - IMS Manager (Hybrid)
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Electrical Products North America Quality Management and EHS department (SI EP NA IO QM&EHS) is seeking a Quality Professional to direct the execution and performance of the company's Integrated Management System (IMS) activities across the business segments and manufacturing locations, including managing the ISO certification and improving the organization’s IMS. This is a critical position within the organization, responsible for managing the ISO integrated audits and certifications, coordinating objectives and strategies with individual plant Quality Managers so that high level objectives are met, providing clear guidance by ensuring strong policies, procedures, instructions, forms, and objectives are in place, and working with the EHS officers to assure Environmental, Health, and Safety certification processes are in place. The incumbent will develop and maintain quality control systems designed to ensure continuous improvement.
In addition, this role will have direct interface supporting customers with product quality related issues and resolution, will work across business segments to help to address any customer quality issues that are identified after a product has shipped, support resolution of field issues and corrective actions, and support external nonconformance reports.
This is a senior role in the organization which requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – and a passion for excellence, integrity, innovation, and success.
The office is in Peachtree Corners, GA supporting manufacturing locations throughout the US, Mexico, and Canada.
- Lead company Integrated Management System (IMS) and ISO certifications, ensure IMS compliance with relevant ISO standards and guidelines related to quality management, social and environmental responsibilities, and risk management.
- Manage and support on-site audits conducted by external providers.
- Ensure clear, concise, & accurate policies, procedures, instructions, forms, and objectives are provided and maintained. Guide managers and directors for correct implementation of the QMS.
- Support and perform internal auditor training to ensure a staff of trained auditors. Ensure the internal audits include emphasis on risk mitigation and process risk in accordance with the needs of ISO 90001, 14001 & 45001.
- Monitor the quality objectivesthat have been established and organize and conduct regular management review meetings. Report to top management on the performance of the IMS (e.g., audit findings, corrective actions, effectiveness of those actions), including opportunities for improvement.
- Provide senior quality support to plant quality managers for customer issue resolution. Support investigation of customer complaints and oversee corrective action plans to determine adequacy and completion of corrective actions. Update customers in a timely fashion regarding the status of quality issues. Assists plant quality managers with special assignments as needed.
Mentor plant Quality Managers regarding problem solving methodologies and other quality techniques. Assist in the formulation and implementation of quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensures we have the right processes, competent execution, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or advanced degree required.
- Experience with quality standards (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001), 5 to 8 years of experience in a similar quality role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing practices and strong auditing skills.
- Technical understanding of electrical power systems and electrical power distribution/circuit protection products.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent problem-solving ability.
- Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting the standards.
- Excellent communication skills-written, verbal and presentation skills, strong communication abilities with effective technical writing skills required.
- High-energy, results-oriented, self-reliant, team player who can positively collaborate across different business departments and cultures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- 30% Travel - both domestically and internationally.
- International travel experience and the capability to operate in foreign cultures required.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.