Who We Are
Siemens Grid Software
Here at Siemens Grid Software, our mission is to accelerate and secure the energy transition. We ensure a reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing, and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go ‘round. No matter where power comes from or where it must go, we ensure it makes its way – every step of the way!
Grid Simulation Business Segment
Did you know that over 70% of all electricity in the world flows through infrastructure that was planned or analyzed with our PSS® portfolio?
Our Grid Simulation software portfolio is one of the cornerstones of the Grid Software Business and of the entire power industry. Utilities and Consultancy firms use our Grid Simulation PSS® portfolio to design, model, simulate, and analyze power grids at every voltage level from Transmission to Distribution.
We currently have a unique opportunity for a vibrant Software Sales Leader to join a group of innovative and future-thinking people, with a passion for growing software sales and solving customer problems.
Future Thinker? Read on.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, you will identify, implement, and drive sales for our Grid Simulation Software business throughout North America. The primary metrics for success in this position are Order Intake and Revenue.
This is a remote position: the Area Sales Manager can live anywhere in the contiguous United States.
Some of the highlights of this role that will contribute to achieving yearly sales targets & overall success include:
- Leading and supporting enterprise account managers in the development and execution of go-to-market growth initiatives, sales strategies, and account plans
- Owning and managing the sales book of business for the Grid Simulation portfolio (You are an owner - you take responsibility for any issue relating to your business)
- Coaching and providing thought leadership to the sales team on transactional and large deals, as well as on other strategic/organizational topics
- Building and maintaining a team around a positive culture of performance
- Cultivating C-level relationships with target investor-owned utilities, electric cooperatives, municipalities, and consultancy firms
- Achieving strategic alignment between global headquarters and local sales offices on sales priorities, growth, and culture
- Driving the launch and roll-out of new offerings and commercial models
- Identifying and spreading global best practices across the Grid Simulation team
- Providing the VP of Sales with weekly updates on forecast, funnel, initiatives, and key opportunities
- Communicating clearly Grid Software’s vision, value proposition, and key differentiators to C-level customers – and enabling your team to do so
- Leading the transition from selling perpetual licenses to subscriptions and cloud-based offerings
- Cultivating strong relationships with the Grid Software sales team
What Skills Will Help You Succeed
- Experience selling planning, modeling, and simulation technologies to utilities or to consulting firms who work with utilities required
- Experienced sales leader of both direct reports and matrix reports
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a preference for a major in science, engineering, or business
- Experience with MEDDICC and/or Challenger selling preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage, analyze, and win complex bids
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization including director/VP and C-Suite, with strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to build, own and manage sales campaigns
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecasting, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota across multiple product lines
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management, and a sense of accountability
- Ability to strategize and creatively solve problems to overcome customer challenges
- Demonstrable passion about leading, empowering, and developing people
- Ability to travel 30%
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.