Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for an Automation Engineer to support our Siemens and distributor sales teams in the USA. The Automation Engineer will support to establish the Siemens PA DCP organization as a competent supplier of holistic localization solutions in the industry and thus provide expert technical support for Real Time Locating System (RTLS) applications. It is the goal of the Project Engineer to successfully apply the RTLS product portfolio in customer applications (various industries).
Reporting will be to the Head of the RTLS business in the USA while work closely with the Business Developers and Presales Consultants.
Must be based in any major US city near a major US airport.
Anticipated travel between 40 to 60% (US and International)
- Planning and implementation of Real Time Locating Systems in customer projects, recognizing and analyzing of project risks as well as taking required actions accordingly.
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert for Siemens RTLS for all problems and questions from customers.
- Provide consultative technical support to customers during design, testing, debugging, and commissioning of RTLS systems.
- Integration of interfaces to end user application.
- Installation and commissioning of RTLS hardware and software and serving as the technical responsible working closely together with Project Manager and end customer.
- Functional testing and working with external service providers.
- Support of IT for a successful roll out as well as conduction of fault analysis and process optimization.
- Analyze customer specific requirements for the locating systems.
- Support the development of functional specification documents as well as solutions.
- Submit the functional requirements to the development team and prepare test specifications as well as documentation with the team.
- Commissioning at customer site, conduct operator training as well as customer acceptance for hardware and software.
- Collaborate with Siemens RTLS Project Engineering team in Germany to facilitate knowledge transfer.
- RTLS product improvement suggestions to R&D based on field experience and competitor intelligence.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Anticipated travel between 40 to 60% (US and International)
- BS in engineering discipline
- 0 to 5 plus years of experience in an engineering discipline related to one of the below items.
- Automation Engineering//RTLS/Ultra-Wide Band or a related engineering field.
- Proven ability in the discipline of Software implementation
- Radio Technology, IT, or Automation Engineering as well as Database knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities and projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated individual - internally driven.
- Outward focused, customer oriented and the ability to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships with sales & customers (interpersonal relationships).
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth understanding of RTLS technology for Industrial Applications.
- Familiarity with common industrial applications of RTLS.
- Knowledge of industry value chain and typical work practices- Integrators, OEMs, End Users.
- Processes in industrial manufacturing or logistics.
- Understanding of localization technologies and their applications in industrial applications.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.