Visa’s Technology Organization is a community of problem solvers and innovators reshaping the future of commerce. We operate the world’s most sophisticated processing networks capable of handling more than 65k secure transactions a second across 80M merchants, 15k Financial Institutions, and billions of everyday people. While working with us you’ll get to work on complex distributed systems and solve massive scale problems centered on new payment flows, business and data solutions, cyber security, and B2C platforms.
We are looking for multiple talented, curious, and energetic Software Engineers who embrace solving complex challenges on a global scale. As a Visa Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team inventing, designing, building, and testing software products that reach a truly global customer base. While building components of cutting-edge payment technology, you will get to see your efforts shaping the digital future of monetary transactions.
The Work itself:
- Design code and systems that touch 40% of the world population while influencing Visa’s internal standards for scalability, security, and reusability
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create design artifacts and develop best-in-class software solutions for multiple Visa technical offerings
- Actively contribute to product quality improvements, value added service technology, and new business flows in diverse agile squads
- Develop robust and scalable products intended for a myriad of customers including end-user merchants, b2b, and business to government solutions
- Leverage innovative technologies to build the next generation of Payment Services, Transaction Platforms, Real-Time Payments, and Buy Now Pay Later Technology
- Opportunities to make a difference on a global or local scale through mentorship and continued learning opportunities
- Leverages relevant technical working knowledge to understand requirements.
- Identifies and contributes to the development and solution strategies to team members that improve the design and functionality of interface features across one or more project features, under minimal guidance.
- Applies best practices on the use of front-end programming languages (e.g. HTML, C++, Java) to write code that fulfills website modification requests and technical requirements.
- Collaborates with others to support the piloting of new technology capabilities and features that enhance the user website experience across e-commerce products.
- Analyzes bugs for simple issues and applies debugging tools to verify assumptions.
The Skills You Bring:
- Energy and Experience: A growth mindset that is curious and passionate about technologies and enjoys challenging projects on a global scale
- Challenge the Status Quo: Comfort in pushing the boundaries, “hacking” beyond traditional solutions
- Language Expertise: Expertise in one or more general development languages (e.g., Java, C#, C++)
- Builder: Experience building and deploying modern services and web applications with quality and scalability
- Learner: Constant drive to learn new technologies such as Angular, React, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Partnership: Experience collaborating with Product, Test, Dev-ops, and Agile/Scrum teams
**We do not expect that any single candidate would fulfill all of these characteristics. For instance, we have awesome team members who are really focused on building scalable systems but didn’t work with payments technology or web applications before joining Visa.
- University degree
- Web Browser Optimization: The ability to select the "best available" values of some objective function to improve the functional effectiveness of web browsers.
- User Interface Design: Knowledge of user interface design, which is the interaction where users and computers interact. This includes an understanding of how to provide an optimal industrial design experience through User Interface (UI) Design.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.