Account Manager is responsible for achieving business objectives at key accounts (for example, penetration of account with product/solution/service offerings) for the Siemens family of networking products (RUGGEDCOM, Cybersecurity and SCALANCE) and professional services. He/she will also identify, recruit, and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals if deemed necessary. The Account Manager may leverage Siemens global reach to influence decisions on projects for delivery to the customer in the US, or purchased by the customer in the US.
Other key tasks include;
- Guides the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals.
- Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization.
- Assists management in devising sales plans and strategies. Will develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
- May form account teams and coordinate team activities while minimizing sales and marketing costs and maximizing sales.
- May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
Candidate must be able to manage multi-level customer relationships ranging from the technicians to executive management in the electric utility, municipality, or cooperative organizations. Internally, this candidate must be able to work with other departments such as pre-sales Application Consulting, Inside Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, etc.
This Account Manager position reports into the National Sales Manager RuggedCom Utilities for the Industrial Networking Solutions at Siemens Industry. The ideal candidate will be based in the Northeast US and will have regional responsibility for various types of electric power utility customers (i.e. Investor Owned Utilities, Municipalities, Electric Cooperatives, power producers, system integrators, EPC’s, etc.
This person performs all of the sales activities for assigned customers. This individual should be an intelligent, articulate, and independent thinker who can develop a sales plan to achieve revenue targets and other goals. A successful candidate will be self-motivated to take care of his/her own sales objectives for the region, but also be a team player and share in the success of the organization.
Some of the specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensure all sales and non-sales needs are met with the customer
- Develop new customer relationships
- Strengthen existing customer relationships
- Expand existing relationships to multiple departments within same company
- Manage multiple customers with multiple projects
- Manage projects from design to procurement to implementation
- Perform presentations to groups of 20+ people, sometimes executives
- Learn new technologies to satisfy customer requirements
- Learn new sales techniques and strategies
- Report activities both verbally and via sales reporting and forecasting tools
- Travel 50-75%, possibly travel internationally every few years
- “Cold Call” as necessary
- Present product line to prospective customers
- Communicate the value of the solution not just functionality
- Dedicate time and have high energy level for daily job functions
- Follow-up actions on customer needs and opportunities
- Financial responsibilities for region
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree is required; preferably in Engineering or Marketing, though others will be considered.
- Experience in the field of Data Communications, Industrial Networking, and/or Cyber Security
- Experience in electrical utility industry
- Experience of 2-7 years in Sales or Sales Support of technical solutions
- Consultative sales experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity Fundamentals
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Ideal candidate has experience with:
- Sales and/or applications in: Smart Grid, IEC61850, Wireless, NERC CIP, Substation Automation, Distribution Automation, and WAN/LAN architectures, OT cybersecurity
- A multi-level, global organization
- Direct sales and/or management of Manufacturers Representatives
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.