Are you looking for a company that empowers talent?
Here at Siemens, we take pride in enabling sustainable progress through technology. We do this through empowering customers by combining the real and digital worlds. Improving how we live, work, and move today and for the next generation!
From Day 1, you are empowered to create an impact with your full potential and creativity to make a difference for tomorrow.
We truly have an inclusive and diverse team culture where you can be yourself.
Our extensive global presence offers a diverse range of career opportunities across various industries, nations, and job domains, empowering our workforce to continuously enhance their skills and stay competitive.
Create a better tomorrow with us!
Electrification and Automation (EA)
Headquartered in Wendell, NC, the Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio to create the power distribution grid of the future.
Commercial Bid and Sales Controller is responsible for support and governance of all commercial aspects during the Sales phase, including, but not limited to, T’s & C’s, Opportunity Development, Costing Review, and Contract Negotiation, closely collaborating with the Application Engineering, Business Development, and Contract Management organizations. This role takes the lead in preparing the Order Entry forecast for SI EA Sales in alignment with the Business Development and Sales organizations, as well as individual P&L Controllers.
As the Commercial Bid and Sales Controller, you will:
Commercial Responsibility for Sales Phase - PM010 (Go/No-Go) to PM080 (Handover to Execution)
- Support contract negotiation with customers, partners, subcontractors and/or lenders from commercial/financial perspective, until contract is handed over to execution
- For large/complex bids, guide complete and timely elaboration of all necessary financial/commercial documents for the sales and bidding process, e.g. contract analysis, evaluation of risks, project selection, bid/no-bid decision, within established Limits of Authority (LoA)
- Guide technical partners in commercial and financial matters
- Ensure contract Management / Contract Structuring for internal and external business (Contract Analysis, clarifications, deviations, tax analysis (PATAC), contractual risk evaluation, insurance concepts)
- Ensuring compliance with business line margin targets
- Business Model determination for execution
- Complete foreign currency as well as commodity hedging calculation and optimizes currency as well as commodity risk exposure with aligned mitigation measures in the offer stage.
- Ensure Bond and Guarantee Management during the Bid phase
Process Governance and Standardization
- Manage and contribute to ongoing optimization processes to streamline internal interfaces and optimize productivity
- Prepare and align Order Entry FC with BD and Sales organization for all product lines and align P&L Controllers, Sales, and HQ/Local management
- Commercial modules for Tenders
- Ensure commercial accuracy in preparation for Handover
- Prepare Order Recognition and Contract Analysis (ORCA) Documentation
- Oversight of Sales Commissions
You will make impact if you have the following qualifications:
- Strong commercial background, specifically in Sales and Project Execution
- Effective communicator across organizational units and hierarchies
- Ability to adjust to a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Demonstrated skills to work effectively in a team-oriented organization
- Ability to efficiently identify issues and implement solutions
- Self-motivated with a well-structured work approach
- BS/BA in related discipline or advanced degree (Finance, Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Legal)
- 10% travel
- Experience with Change Management
- Familiarity with various performance tools, such as Tableau, salesforce.com, SAP
- Experience in product-driven environment
- At least 5-7 years of experience in related fields with transferrable skills
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Time off or Generous paid – time off depending on position level
Click here to learn more about our extensive benefits offerings.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.