Google welcomes people with disabilities.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software development in one or more general purpose programming languages: Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Experience in Machine Learning.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow), and data analysis tools (e.g., Jupyter).
- Knowledge of optimizing/architecting software solutions for machine learning.
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
As a Software Engineer, you will develop software on Android platforms and enable experience in Android platforms and Pixel products.
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
- Collect external and internal data sets, employ data processing/transformation and define novel training objectives.
- Review SOTA research papers, and propose and test hypotheses.
- Identify and isolate a core problem solvable with Machine Learning (ML).
- Build, evaluate and iterate over the ML models, and integrate models with the production system.