Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Local Field Service technician for our Mississauga branch.
In this role, you will impact in many ways:
· Completes preventative maintenance and/or basic repair activities on engines and related components at the customer site with minimal direction.
· Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
· Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools.
· Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor.
Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
· Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets and warranty claims via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
· Completes training in line with skill and business requirements Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
· Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislations.
To succeed in this role you will :
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Service Documentation - Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done.
- Technical Escalation - Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Diagnostics Application - Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Electronic Service Tool Application - Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
- Product Repair and Maintenance - Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organized environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimize customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition.
- Engine Systems Interactions - Interprets and analyzes the interactions of internal and external electrical and mechanical systems (exhaust, heating, cooling, fuel systems, driveline, aftertreatment, controls, sensors, etc.) by applying tools, service publications (Cummins, Original Equipment Manufacturer) and taking measurements to efficiently and correctly diagnose and repair.
- Health and Safety Fundamentals - Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an inju . ry-free workplace.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred).
Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution.
Locally valid driving permit.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Minimal level of workshop related experience required.
Basic level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products.
Locally valid driving permit.
310-T or 310-S License
TSSA License considered an asset
Working hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 330pm with 1 out of 9 On-call rotation
Some premiums when applicable
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Company Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check.