This position will support the EDGMC organization, working directly with EDGMC Project Managers, MC Finance, Logistics Team, Internal and Third-Party suppliers. The successful candidate will require a very high level of detail orientation, strong written and verbal communication, and comprehension skills employed via e-mail, purchase order texts and over the phone.
The individual handling these orders will enter complex SAP orders and ensure the component part numbers created populate automatically in the sales order with purchase order text and all necessary technical data to support accurate subsequent processes flows. The individual will be responsible for maintaining and updating these highly dynamic orders, purchasing the items necessary to complete the customer’s order. They will also be responsible for ensuring financial correctness and technical closing of the orders.
Working very closely with the project managers they will be responsible for coordinating, timing, sourcing, and scheduling of all aspects of the orders.
- Organization, Entry, and Management of New Orders ensuring that Quoted Terms and Conditions are followed.
- Coordinate with Project Manager and Materials Management Team to Ensure Parts are Properly Set up and Function as Necessary for Order Entry and Procurement
- Update and Revise Orders as Necessary Based Upon Engineering Changes, Sales Operation, and Planning Meetings
- Ensure Order Timing and Execution Complies with Customer and GMC Stakeholders regarding Product Delivery Status and Delays
- Create Purchase Orders for Supporting Products and Update Existing Purchase Orders with Changes
- Proactively Initiate Vendor Expedites for On-Time Delivery of Parts
- Logistical Coordination for Offsite Storage Requirements in Coordination with Project Manager
- Tracking and Consolidation of All Transportation Documentation for Deliveries to Interim Parties and Final Location
- Coordination with internal Siemens Teams for Completion of All Order Steps
- Manage Complexity of International Business, Forwarding from European Supplier to other Global Locations, VAT Tax and Import/Export Documentation Creation and Management
- Ensure All Costs are Assigned and Updated as Necessary to Support Proper Margin Reporting
- Margin Review and Analysis of Orders with Product Manager and Business Finance Controller
- Execution of Final Invoice in Coordination with Product Manager and Technical Closing of the Order
- Post Sales Activities, Replacement Parts, Customer Reconciliation of Billing Discrepancies, and Disputes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a business concentration or accredited business or supply chain certification
- 5 or more years of direct experience in the responsibilities outlined above may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree or certification
- Highly motivated to deliver timely order issue resolution
- Ability to thrive in a complex order environment
- Experience working in and generating data from an ERP system
- Data analysis proficiency in Excel and Tableau
- Exceptional time management skills
- Previous experience working with international customers and vendors
- Evidence of ability to be proactive and take initiative in a business situation
- Proven history of driving issues and tasks to successful and timely completion
- Strong teamworking skills and orientation
- Knowledge of and experience working with MS 365 suite of applications
- Ability to self-manage, prioritize, and understand when to escalate
- Skilled in problem solving
- 5 years successful work history outlined in the job responsibilities
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adapt and self-motivate
- Knowledge of finance principles
- Strong attention to detail with ability to understand the big picture
- Experience working in SAP
- Knowledge of automation, robotic, and data analytic software tools
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.