For more than 160 years, Siemens has been an integral provider of infrastructure, electrification, and transportation solutions in the United States. Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability. We are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase the availability of infrastructure for the society, optimize route usage and create a new quality of travel.
Good service means we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
Siemens Mobility is seeking to fill an On-site Quality Assurance Manager for the Brightline Maintenance Contract based in Orlando, FL. The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for supplier quality and process quality and adherence during maintenance and overhaul for the Siemens Venture Trainsets. This role also significantly supports us to ensure reliability and availability of the trainsets.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Responsibility for supplier quality, incoming inspection, following up on product related issues.
- Overhaul quality gates and inspections.
- Sign off on the implementation of field modifications.
- Drive process adherence with the maintenance team.
- Read and understand drawings, process specifications, procedures, work instructions, inspection documentation and certificates, in metric measurement units.
- Use precision measuring equipment as well as specialized inspection and testing equipment.
- Prepare and maintain clear inspection documentation for the above functions.
- Analyze the results of gear charts/graphs and CMM data.
- Assist in tracking and filling of inspection documentation.
- Drive root cause analysis and develop quality improvement plan.
- Develop and improve processes to achieve consistent work results.
To thrive in this role, you have:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 3+ years of experience as an inspector or machinist.
- Previous experience using precision measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of metric measurement and tolerance system.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance methods and practices (e.g. 8D, 5D, Ishikawa, etc.).
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Setting you apart from others would be HSD/GED with 3+ years’ experience as an inspector or machinist with familiarity with railroad and main railroad standards (e.g. CFR, FRA). Extensive knowledge of blueprint reading, incoming inspection documents/protocols, shop mathematics, FAI and ISO standard. As well as previous experience with ANSI, ISO, DIN and NEMA standards and experience with SAP and LEAN manufacturing.
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- We believe that each member of our team is accountable for making decisions, solving problems, and taking actions that contribute to long-term impact and financial success.
- We do the right thing. We stand for green innovations and meaningful solutions with impact on customers, ecosystem partners, society, and environment.
- We are frontrunners in digitalization and building platforms. Therefore, we are hiring ambitious forward-thinkers who want to have a real impact.
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning. We operate daily with a growth mindset - that's why Siemens consistently ranks on the Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list!
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without needing current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Orlando, FL is $58,520-$96,000. The actual salary/wage offered may be lower or higher depending on budget and candidate experience, knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.