The mission of our Resource Management Office (RMO) is to optimize deployment of our Professional Services workforce by assigning our professionals to roles that satisfy the needs of our external clients, develop our people, and support our strategic business priorities.
In the Resource Management Business Partner role, you will act as a trusted advisor, partnering with our technical staff, team leads, engagement owners, department managers, and leadership to understand firm and pending demands; as well as staff capabilities, interests, and availability to recommend assignments of correctly skilled staff to support our customers. You will help to ensure assignment and forecasting accuracy, feed Professional Services Automation System (PSA) enhancement requests, suggest and implement process efficiencies, and assist in capacity and skill gap or demand planning.
In this role, you will effectively manage your time independently to balance support across their internal clients, and various elements. You will have the ability to prioritize, negotiate, influence, resolve issues or resourcing conflicts, and escalate as appropriate. You should be able to think strategically but also work at the tactical level, with excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate would be interested in and able to learn Esri technology, at a high-level, along with related requirements and considerations to deliver successfully to our customers. Most importantly, this person will be people-driven, with the interest and ability to build strong trusted relationships at all levels in order to provide excellent customer service to our internal clients.
- Effectively support engagement owners with fulfilling engagement staffing requests
- Establish self as a trusted advisor, partnering with assigned department points of contact on strategic resource management and planning
- Champion the resource management function and workflows within Esri Professional Services
- Facilitate fulfillment of project staffing requests, prioritizing resource requests, working with project managers, engagement owners, team leads, and other stakeholders as appropriate to ensure resource requirements are fulfilled with the appropriate individuals within the necessary timeframe; this may include support for third party sourcing as required, and providing analysis and trend information to assist in the recruiting process
- Flag resource allocation conflicts needing resolution, escalating as required
- Conduct research to identify alternate staffing solutions
- Support workload balancing, prioritization, resource scheduling, and integration of resources into multiple projects in order to maintain optimal utilization of resources
- Support and drive resource staffing & Interlock status meetings for supported departments; preparing and distributing materials as needed, and capturing all follow up actions and notes
- Analyze data from various reports on resource demand vs. availability, staff over allocations, skill gaps, billability metrics, and more
- Develop credibility among teams: Work with department, RMO Manager, and other stakeholders as appropriate to identify skill gaps and requirements to support internal staff training and development goals
- Review and recommend modifications to internal processes as needed for process improvement, workflow efficiency and effectiveness to best support our internal customers
- Support PSA skill data reviews, maintenance, and process updates
- 5+ years of professional work experience in a similar position, or supporting similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated work experience in resource management, project management, and/or customer service
- Exceptional communication, presentation, influencing and analytical skills
- Proven inter-personal and collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to take ownership and drive results in complex, ambiguous situations
- Interest in and ability to learn and understand high-level technical requirements and translate into skills required to staff work
- Familiarity with forecasting processes and tools
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, communications, or a related field
- Familiarity with Professional Service Automation systems (PSA) preferred, Kimble PSA experience a plus
- RMCP certification
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Esri’s competitive total rewards strategy includes industry-leading health and welfare benefits: medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance for employees (and their families), 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, minimum accrual of 80 hours of vacation leave, twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Base salary is one component of our total rewards strategy. Compensation decisions and the base range for this role take into account many factors including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs.
A reasonable estimate of the base salary range is $70,720.00 - $145,600.00.