Today, there's more data and users outside the enterprise than inside, causing the network perimeter as we know it to dissolve. We realized a new perimeter was needed, one that is built in the cloud and follows and protects data wherever it goes, so we started Netskope to redefine Cloud, Network and Data Security.
Since 2012, we have built the market-leading cloud security company and an award-winning culture powered by hundreds of employees spread across offices in Santa Clara, St. Louis, Bangalore, London, Melbourne, and Tokyo. Our core values are openness, honesty, and transparency, and we purposely developed our open desk layouts and large meeting spaces to support and promote partnerships, collaboration, and teamwork. From catered lunches and office celebrations to employee recognition events (pre and hopefully post-Covid) and social professional groups such as the Awesome Women of Netskope (AWON), we strive to keep work fun, supportive and interactive. Visit us at Netskope Careers. Please follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter@Netskope.
About the role
Please note, this team is hiring across all levels and candidates are individually assessed and appropriately leveled based upon their skills and experience.
The Data Platform team is uniquely positioned at the intersection of security, big data and cloud computing. We are responsible for providing ultra low-latency access to global security insights and intelligence data to our customers, and enabling them to act in near real-time. We’re looking for a seasoned engineer to help us build next-generation data pipelines that provide near real-time ingestion of security insights and intelligence data using open source messaging and stream processing engines (Kafka, Flink, Spark) to connecting sources to sinks (BigQuery, Mongo, etc), and RESTful APIs that allow programmatic access to the data.
What's in it for you
- You will be part of a growing team of renowned industry experts in the exciting space of Data and Cloud Analytics
- Your contributions will have a major impact on our global customer-base and across the industry through our market-leading products
- You will solve complex, interesting challenges, and improve the depth and breadth of your technical and business skills.
What you will be doing
- Build next generation data pipelines to provide near real-time ingestion of security insights and intelligence data
- Architect highly scalable data pipelines and solve real-time stream processing challenges at scale
- Partner with industry experts in security and big data, product and engineering teams to conceptualize, design and build innovative solutions for hard problems on behalf of our customers.
- Evaluate open source technologies to find the best fit for our needs and also contribute to some of them!
- Help other teams architect their systems on top of the data platform and influence their system design.
- This is a great opportunity to work with smart people in a fun and collaborative environment.
Required skills and experience
- 8+ years of industry experience building highly scalable distributed Data systems
- Programming experience in Python, Java or Golang
- Excellent data structure and algorithm skills
- Proven good development practices like automated testing, measuring code coverage.
- Experience building real-time stream processing systems using engines like Flink, Spark or similar
- Experience with distributed datastores like Druid, Mongo, Cassandra, BigQuery or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus points for contributions to the open source community
- BSCS or equivalent required, MSCS or equivalent strongly preferred
Netskope is committed to implementing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Netskope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on religion, race, color, sex, marital or veteran statues, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), or any other characteristic protected by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction in which we operate.