The IHS Markit Automotive - Supply Chain and Technology team is in search of a Senior Research Analyst – Automotive Semiconductor with a strong focus on Memory IC and Processors for Infotainment, Telematics and ADAS.
General Job Duties
- Act as subject matter expert and “go-to” person for expert opinion on semiconductor in infotainment/telematics and ADAS. This will be achieved by producing original research and commentary on technologies, market volumes, pricing trends, market drivers and demand conditions, market participant shares and supplier agreements. The research product takes the form of periodic market databases and reports.
- Research new E/E architectures and their impact on semiconductor
- Maintain databases which track a set of attributes and supplier relationship related to processors by automotive domain
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts within IHS Markit to ensure timely, consistent and accurate flow of crucial thought-leading research on topics related to the area of focus. The analyst will work closely with the other semiconductor analysts but also with analysts covering automotive HMI, displays, infotainment/telematics as well as ADAS/Autonomy.
- Present findings/data via webinars and at conferences/tradeshows/client events
- Nurture a network of contacts at automotive and semiconductor companies
- Contribute to consulting projects as required and as driven by business needs by working in collaboration with consulting project leaders, providing subject matter expertise in area of focus, and performing various activities to support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects.
- Respond in a timely manner to clients’ research-related inquiries of various complexity in area of focus by providing deep subject matter expertise and timely insight, utilizing resources and judgement to address questions, and/or refer questions to senior level staff.
- Directly support local sales team to secure renewals and new business
- Graduate degree in electrical engineering
- 5 to 10+ years of experience in automotive electronics. Experience in infotainment and ADAS is an advantage.
- Proven understanding of current and future trends in semiconductor for processing and memory
- Demonstrated analytical and data interpretation skills
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful but not essential (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment and ability to navigate and excel in a complex, heavily matrixed organization, and relate successfully to a variety of people externally and internally.
- Strong presentations skills and comfortable in client interactions a plus
What We Offer:
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
- Parking place
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Job ID: R14414
Posted On: 2023-05-24