What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
This position participates in the installation, startup, and commissioning of building automation system equipment that has been newly installed. The objectives of building automation are improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption and operating costs, and improved life cycle of utilities. You will support the verification of the system database and programming, ensuring consistency with the scope of work and sequence of operations.
- Network Technologies: Performs back-up from data servers and the creation of automated back-up procedures. Support troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations. Performs the set-up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Confirms proper network performance.
- Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Run reports to review system operation. Participate in final inspection and testing. Ensure customer acceptance. Provide customer training on system operations. Complete and submit written reports. Provide plans and control system documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Project Site Communication and Coordination: Provide support in the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Associate degree preferred
- Experience installing and servicing electronic control or HVAC equipment; 1+ years preferred
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and user PC/software skill
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Hvac controls, building controls, building automation, programming, field technician, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, direct digital control, apogee, desigo, modbus, tridium, controls, commissioning, lonworks, bacnet, ddc, bau, bms, building management, mechanical systems, system integration
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.