Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
Role & Opportunity:
The Surface development team is seeking a talented software development engineer with a strong systems background. Job responsibilities will encompass designing and coding drivers, tools and firmware across various technologies in Surface devices within the Surface team as well as with partners to deliver high quality products to market. You need to be a team player who works well in a collaborative environment with peers in other development disciplines, Quality and Program Management.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in software or hardware development related fields
- BS or higher in Engineering, Physics or Math
- Excellent C/C++ design and coding skills
- A sound track-record of shipping products and having been through at least two development cycles - Ability to quickly ramp-up on complex and unfamiliar code
- Previous experience managing a team of developers through a complete product cycle
- Ability to handle the debugger well to quickly identify and resolve issues spanning multiple subsystems
- Experience with embedded system software development, especially at a system architectural level
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability make progress in the face of it
- Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
- Some domestic and international travel may be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.