Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
As part of the Enterprise Application Services (EAS) Team accountable for SAP at Microsoft, our employees make global impact on millions of customers and thousands of employees who use mission-critical ERP software and services.
Microsoft Devices Supply Chain is a multibillion dollar business. The team includes architects, consultants, support professionals, sales and business leaders who serve customers/consumers who enjoys Microsoft devices such as Xbox, Surface & products of the future. A fast paced and dynamic team environment will engage and energize your ability to solving complex business problems and provide an opportunity to be part of exciting business transformation.
As an SAP Software Engineer you will design and deliver SAP solutions for Microsoft Supply Chain in the following business process/modules:
- SAP Sales and Distribution (SAP SD) with Global Available To Promise (SAP GATP)
- SAP Advanced Planning and Optimization (SAP APO) or SAP Integrated Business Planning (SAP IBP)
- SAP ABAP Programming
- Lead the configuration of SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) with GATP and SAP Integrated Business Planning (SAP IBP) to enable the desired business processes for Microsoft Supply Chain Business
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture, Dev, Test and support teams in analyzing requirements, proposing designs, developing specs, and driving the designs to completion through virtual team leadership across PM, Dev, Test and Support.
- Engage partner engineering leads and business partners; effectively building a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with these teams through consistent on-time, on-budget and high-quality delivery
- Build and operate the services in a SAP Devops Environment. Own the services in production, monitor, analyze, track and remediate issues in production.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- 10-13 years of hands on SAP ERP Implementation experience on large scale projects for enterprise businesses
- 8+ Years of Hands on Design and Configuration experience in the following modules: SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) including GTAP and SAP APO/ IBP experience.
- Experience of owning/handling E2E support for a service or module in SAP
- Experience in implementation of Service Maturity Model to build world-class scalable, supportable, resilient and cost-effective solutions using latest technologies
- Deep understanding in Supply Chain business process, supply chain concepts like Direct ship, Drop ship, Third Party shipment etc.. and Supply Chain Operating Reference (SCOR) model.
- Experience in Agile / Devops development methodologies, running feature teams or SCRUM training, SAFe methodologies
- Strong understanding of SAP and Microsoft integration technologies
- B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- Some minor infrequent travel may be required
Preferred, not required:
- SAP S/4 HANA experience
- ABAP Development Experience and SAP Business Rules Framework Plus (BRF+)
- Ability to communicate functional SAP strategies and roadmaps with Senior and C-Level Executives Experience developing industry standard algorithms applicable to analyzing current business service behavior through telemetry
- Experience developing standards in translating customer and technical requirements into service architecture to meet Quality of Service Expectations
- Experience working in an agile organization developing highly integrated and high-volume solutions Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations and constraints in a service Experience in defining cost per transaction or per user, based on service configuration
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.