Technical Writer II, Google Distributed Cloud Hosted
In-office locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
Remote location(s): California, USA.Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Master's degree in Writing, Engineering, or a scientific-related field.
- 1 year of experience in technical writing.
- Experience in HTML, Markdown, or in a Unix environment.
- Ability to manage multiple engaging priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Technical writers plan, create, and maintain educational content as an integral part of the engineering or user experience. The content is often in the form of documentation, but may also be UI text, sample code, videos, or other educational material. Regardless of the content medium, technical writers are distinguished by their abilities to explain complex topics in a way that’s useful to their audience.
The Google Distributed Cloud Information Experience (iX) team creates technical documentation for the Google Distributed Cloud suite of products. We belong to the Cloud iX team, sharing guidelines and principles with all Google Cloud writers, but our mandate extends beyond technical documentation for Cloud software solutions. We also provide documentation and define information architecture for hardware, physical infrastructure, and define optimal solutions for customers building their own Cloud infrastructure using Google Data Center products.
We begin with a collaboration-focused culture that fosters innovation, striving to provide the best possible technical documentation in a blossoming new field. We address problems together, defining and implementing customer-focused solutions as a team. Using the customer as our North Star, we engage closely with our Engineering and Product team partners to ensure our customers find success with our products.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Write technical documentation for developers and cloud architects building solutions for their own private Google Cloud.
- Produce and curate content helping customers.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Work with a global team of Engineers, Product teams, content strategists, and other technical writers.